Saturday, January 3, 2009

sick

We're all sick. We ended Christmas day with a virus and brought in the New Year with croup. Today is day 9 of complete and utter crud. So here's a brief description of what we're like when we're sick:
Hannah: I'm sick, poor me. Hold me, don't put me down unless I promt you to. And if promted - don't leave more than an arms length betweeen us as I'll expect to be picked right back up on command. Don't expect me to want to go to anyone else when daddy is around. He's the only on that is allowed to hold me, mom is 2nd and will do when daddy isn't here. Don't think about putting me in my crib. I'll be sleeping right between mommy and daddy for the entire night and every night thereafter until I'm feeling 100% again.
Hailey: (tears running down face) I don't feel good but I will keep playing. Nothing can stop me from having fun. I'll be looking up every few minutes just to make sure mommy and daddy are watching and feeling bad for me. I want to be held and cuddled but not for long, there are toys to be played with! I will be sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed but only for 1/2 the night. Hannah gets in my way and I like my space. I like my toys.
Emily: I'm sick? Oh no! Bottle and bed please. Bottle and bed please. Oh...I'm sick (whining), just give me a bottle and put me back to bed! Don't think about changing my formula to that stuff for babies who are sick...I'll give it right back to you within minutes. Bottle and bed please. My bed...not mommy and daddy's - I need MY BED! Why am I not in bed?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment