Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday funday

We've changed the girls bedtime from 6pm to 7pm with the stipulation that they stay in bed until 7am vs 5:30am.  Early wake ups on the weekends were killer but the change went quite smoothly and seems to be working out just fine.  I'm assuming I've just jinxed that by putting it in black and white but so goes life. 

We hopefully have a full week of school ahead of us.  It's been a long, exhausting Christmas vacation followed by and extended break due to snow.  I'm ready for our routine back.  With that said, this week will suck as Alli is going 'home' to her bio mother on Friday.  17 months of nothing but pure, unconditional love and she's going to be forced to live with a stranger who doesn't know the 1st damn thing about putting anyone before herself.  It's going to be a shit show and not one I'm sticking around to watch.  She's already denied us visitation after the reunification.  That alone speaks volumes. 

I took the trio sledding today.  We originally went outside to just play in the snow but we quickly switched gears and headed to the park with sleds.  We had SO MUCH FUN.  I can't wait to go back.  They're getting older which is bringing so much more independence and I have a love/hate feeling about it all.  Love it for the pure freedom.  Hate it for the realization that I don't have babies and I have absolutely zero control over keeping them young.  Today was a definite "enjoy every minute" day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment