Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend stuff (from mom)

The rain is finally letting up. I've taken the girls out for a walk in their wagon every chance I had this past week when I came home from work. Pete was sick and out of work for a few days and I'm still praying that the girls don't get whatever it was he had. It's enough to make me shiver thinking of all 3 of them being sick again. I took a 1/2 day Friday and my cousin Kate and her daughter Kaleigh came down to visit. They brought 7 overflowing bins of clothes...thank you very much. With Pete feeling better and rain holding off we decided to take the girls to Stride Rite yesterday to get them some 'walking' shoes. Long story short - it was a mess. Hannah cried all the way there, Hailey cried all the way back (and threw up in her new shoes). The people (I refuse to call them employees) at the store were way less than helpful and we ended up buying shoes that are too big for the girls. I WILL be returning them (no extra charge for the throw up of course) and writing a 'nice letter' to the manager and corporate. I don't do that very often but the whole situation at the store was just unbelievable. We savaged the day with a nice bath and then down to bed at 6:00 for the night. The girls slept through the night without waking up once (1st time in 5 nights). When they wake up we don't usually go get them but the past few nights they have been teething and really uncomfortable. Rather than catching up on my much needed beauty rest - I read (and am almost finished) with book 4 of the Twilight series. I need to finish this series so I can get back to my normally 'scheduled program'. Today the girls woke up in great moods, Pete slept in a bit (he's still not 100%) and I decided on a whim to see if my lil brother and his girlfriend wanted to tag along with us to the diner for breakfast. Of course they did...and the girls were great as usual. I have no qualms about taking them out to eat. They are fantastic and quiet. I know that this 'perfect little angles act' will probably one day end...so I'm soaking it all up while I can. And now as the girls are taking their usual 2 - 3 hour nap...I'm happily blogging and anxiously postponing folding all the laundry that somehow I managed to wash/dry but not yet fold/put away. Off I go....
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I can relate to your Stride Rite portion of your post. My guys were measured three different sizes at one Stride Rite so they would have all the pairs I needed. I got the geeling that something wasn't right, so I went to another Stride Rite and was told three different sizes... so much for shoe experts! THe one good thing, we were really pleased once we got shoes that actually fit their feet! Happy Walking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I called our local stride rite to see about any sales it sounded like a zooin the store and i decided to just print up their shoe sizer and order online even though the sales lady said I wouldn't get the right fit. but we did and our shoes worked out great, i would of been super annoyed takingall three of them in the store i'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 hour naps, quiet in a restaurant and you are reading books! All I can say is I'm impressed and envious! We are planning a trip to Stride Ride once they are really walking - here's hoping it goes well

    ReplyDelete