Sunday, August 23, 2009

18 Months (yesterday)

Everyone does it. They post at milestone months. Here we are - 18 months already. What a ride it has been. I uploaded 70 videos from my video camera on Friday - there are already more new ones on there. I want to capture every moment I can. Most of the videos are just the girls doing everyday stuff while I sit back and record. I tell myself that one day I'm going to want to watch these videos over and over. I might remember the small things now - but in the future - I might need a video to look back and say 'Oh yeah! I remember that now!'

They're walking, almost running actually, communicating still via some primate language that only the 3 of them seem to be able to understand and they're getting bigger everyday. I swear sometimes I put something on them at night that fits and in the morning...it's too small. They have a lot of teeth (still working on some molars) and they eat a lot of things. Yesterday they had real birthday cake for the 1st time (thank you Kristin for having a birthday!). They absolutely love Mickey Mouse and Elmo. Emily has a love of animals - a fear of people. Hannah and Hailey aren't so big on animals but will pretty much go to anyone holding their arms out. They all love talking on the phone and on the computer to Auntie Manda, Uncle Erick and cousin Christina. They love hanin' out with Uncle Joey and Kristin. They love going to sleep over Titi Rosemary's with Gradma & Gradpa Lucco. And they get into everything. But - they are good girls. We can take them out to eat and we won't hear a peep out of them. Just today we took them to Friendly's for breakfast and they were perfect! And of course - they're Yankees fans. Says me...mommy.

They sleep from 6:30 - 6:00 and they take a 2 - 3 hour nap everyday. All at the same time - this gives us our sanity back. I don't dress them alike and the one time I did - they said 'uh oh' about 30 million times. They have their own little personalities and they let them shine. They love listening to music and dancing.

They can point to their nose, mouth, eyes, ears, hair/head, teeth, mouth feet and hands. And of course - they'll be more than happy to show you their belly!

They can probably recite their ABC's - but only in the aforementioned primate language so I can't be sure. But what I can be sure of is that they are very empathic towards others. When someone is hurt (especially when another child is crying) they will 'uh oh' like crazy and do their best to give you a kiss and hug (aka: 'soooo nice!'). They don't like when someone is unhappy and they'll do what they can to fix it. I love this about them.

I could go on and on. I'm so proud of my babies and I have no end to my stories. I love them. Pete loves them. And we know - they love us. When people say to me 'wow! you have your hands full!' I immediately reply 'As well as my heart'. It's true - when I look at these girls they make my heart swell in a way I never imagined possible. When people say 'God Bless you' - I say 'He did'.

Happy 18 months baby girls...you are our everything.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 18 months girlies!!! ours turn 18 months tomorrow I can't believe it! I love that you say "he already did" when people say God bless you! I get that all the time I am going to remember that response!

    ReplyDelete