Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Before conception

As the girls approach their 1st birthday I've decided I'm going to do a countdown by recounting. I'm going to recount the days before conception, days of pregnancy and day of their arrival! Not all at once because that would be one very long post. So it'll be over the next couple weeks until their birthday. No worries...I will still be posting pics on the girls because in the end...I know that's what everyone wants anyway!!!

We'll start early...way early. Pete and I met on a blind date in 1995 (Thanks Kelly & Dan!). We got married in 2001 (in Vegas). In 2003 we decided we were going to start our family. Two years goes by and we decide to buy a condo. We know time is passing but we're not concerned. We've told so many people we're "trying" and the question of "are you yet?" is getting more and more annoying with everyday. I'm regretting telling people. After another year we start thinking "hmmm...". We see doctors. So many of them. We have test after test. No answers. We're not concerned. We'll just adopt! We go through the classes, background checks, start a profile, buy a nursery and paint the room a neutral color. One day it hits me. My heart isn't in it. I tell Pete and he says he feels the same way. We go back to the doctor. (It's been almost a year since we've seen the doctor at this point). Throughout all the testing I had 2 surgeries that "could" be the problem. They want me to have another. I say no. What's the point? It didn't work before and it's not going to work again. We're starting to feel the pressure of a problem at this point but more because people wouldn't leave it alone. You just can't imagine how insensitive people really are. Not knowingly of course, but still. "Try standing on your head. Go on vacation. Get drunk! Stop thinking about it so much. Stop working so hard. Quit school." This was all advice? We start telling people we're no longer trying. But in reality we're still seeing doctors and trying to find the "problem". We're still not broken about all of this. Pete and I both know it's a new era and there are many options. Our doors haven't closed completely - we just have to choose another one...

No comments:

Post a Comment