Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Laundry


I will NO LONGER be a victim to my washer and dryer. This picture says it all. Over the weekend I spent way too many hours on this. I keep complaining about laundry and my mom (who raised 5 of us) always says "it will never end and you will always complain about it". Well...that might be so but - I'm fixing it! At least my way of fixing anyway. Pete's cousin just had a baby girl. So I decided to finally go through all of the girls clothes that no longer fit so I can send them some stuff. As you can see in the picture...I waited way too long to take on this chore. Here's my "fix it" solution. After all was said and done - I decided that 3 baskets of laundry was plenty for the girls. If it doesn't fit in 3 baskets - it's gone. I don't sell the clothes because most of them are given to us and I feel that I need to give back. And I did keep the preemie clothes so that the girls will have some dress up outfits for their dolls when they get to that age. But enough is enough. This will force me to do laundry everyday and not let it build up until there are 8 or 9 loads of laundry in the basement screaming my name. And I'm sure I'll receive some "hate" mail for this next statement but - there are in fact times when I come home from work and the girls laundry has been washed, dried, folded and put away. Well - with a max of 3 loads - I plan on being able to keep up with it myself! But if the laundry happens to be done when I get home...I'm happy with that too. :-) And a side note on this subject...if you happen to be one of the many people who give us clothes please don't stop! The girls grow out of things so quickly that I would never in a million years be able to afford to buy them new outfits everyday. Pete and I have set up a spot in the basement where we keep bins of clothes for future use. It's just that I will no longer be using every piece of clothing at the same time! Ah...life is just so much better when there isn't any laundry to do.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment